This past Wednesday we had a Parish Town Hall meeting and over 235 people showed up. The attendance was great, and so was the energy in the room. I am truly grateful to be the pastor of a parish in which so many people are committed to both their personal discipleship and our success as a community of faith. The core of our time together was in presenting a "snapshot" of where we are as a parish and some outlines for our future together. I am including here a link to the slideshow that I used for that presentation. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Are you helping a friend, neighbor, or family member with bill paying, doctor visits, meals, medicine, etc.? Do you feel alone in what you are doing or at a loss with how to best help? Do you need more information about their health and what resources are available? If so, this event is for you! We will have guest speakers from CICOA and Alzheimer’s Association, a light meal will be provided, and we want your ideas on how the Parish can best assist you.
6-7:30pm in the new Mercy Meal Room (multi-purpose center). Please call Patti Collins for more information and to RSVP at 317-786-4371
February 21 at 10am - Tour the Indiana State Museum, including just opened “Rube Goldberg” exhibit. $13 each,
$5 parking. Lunch about 12:30pm in the ISM café. Carpool from St Jude at 9:30am. Additional details forthcoming.
Lent begins with Ash Wednesday! Masses at 7:15am, 9am (school), and 6pm.
Thank You God!
Rice Bowl 2020
Join our Parish and School community—and more than 14,000 Catholic communities across the United
States—in a life-changing Lenten journey of encounter with CRS Rice Bowl. Pick up your family’s CRS
Rice Bowl from the Narthex on Ash Wednesday or any Sunday throughout Lent (we will also be distributing Rice Bowls to school and religious education children). Just a little can do a LOT: $1 a day for 40 days means 1 month of food for a family! Last year, Rice Bowl donations from across the country reached over 127 million people in the world. 75% of all the money collected goes support programs around the world, while the remaining 25% goes to help people right in our own local dioceses.
Get a Rice Bowl
Ecuador Mission Trip Info Meeting
Sunday, March 1
6 PM at St. Jude Church. All are invited to attend!
You will find out: Costs, Work that might be done, Immunizations you will need, Where you will sleep, What you might eat, Relationships you will build, and more!
For more information and details, email or call Bil Danner: 317-786-4371
For the first time ever, our next high school youth event is Glow-in-the-Dark Dodgeball! Come out to the Youth Center on Sunday, March 1st from 6-7:30pm for epic dodging, community, snacks, and a discussion about spiritual warfare. Father Peter will be joining us! Will you?!
(There will be four-square as well for those wanting a gentler sport)
We will be dedicating our March drive to Matthew Iaria and his fight against a very rare and aggressive brain cancer. Cancer patients often need Blood Products from donors like you to help in their treatments. Help us honor Matthew's fighting spirit by participating in our drive.